Sunday, January 10, 2010

SUNDAY
I went cross country skiing for the first time today, and it was awesome. Not only was the weather gorgeous, but I got to spend time with my beautiful wife and our friend April. I was surprised at how relieving it was just to get out of the valley and smog. It took a while to get used to the feeling of having two planks attached to my feet, and I took more than a few spills. It's going to be a great way to get a head start on the running season.
Unfortunately the Red Hot 50K filled up before Tara and I could register, so for the first time in two years we will not be running it. We have a pretty good list of runs for the year, but let's see if we can register in time.

Here's the list of potentials
24 hours of Moab
Wahsatch Steeplechase
Speedgoat 50k
Leadville 100 mile
Chimera 100K

And two independent adventures
Run the 54 mile Silver Island Mountain loop.
Grand Canyon rim to rim to rim in a day.

Workout
3 1/2 hours of cross country skiing

No comments:

Post a Comment