Thursday, May 7, 2009

Temporarily swollen pride, or, I'm ready for my pie.

I opted out of the scheduled WOD at the gym because of my wittle baby hands. Eva and those muscle-ups have my hands looking like a leper. So, as per the conversation I had with Ed and Nick, I gave Grace another shot. I first did Grace in my first month here at SLC Crossfit and it took 5:55. About two months later I did it with 155# and it took 7:18. Today was good.

Grace
135# clean and jerk for time
(3:32)

After the humiliation I suffered from Helen yesterday this felt like redemption. I took Nick's advice and warmed up for over 30 minutes and I felt like gold (if gold were capable of athletic feats). For today it feels damn good, but I know better than to get too excited, because someone is always baking me humble pies and forcing me to eat them.

Then: 30 bucket circles in each direction.

1 comment: