Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'll take what I can get.

Helen
3 rounds for time
400 meter run
21 KB swings @53#
12 pull-ups
(10:44)

I did this workout in my first month here at SLC Crossfit, and I expected to see a huge improvement. 6 seconds faster. I'll take it. The KB swings were easy. My pull-ups need more work. Running ultramarathons doesn't help with 400 meter sprints, but I can do better. I can have the capability to run long (really long) and run fast (really fast). I was tempted to give it another go tomorrow, but with that attitude I have permission to slack. No second chances until the workout comes around again! I went hard, but did I push to the edge? Not quite. Tuning up the mind is far more difficult than tuning up the body. Oh, and I got beat by Ed. Nice work buddy.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like getting beat by Ed is becoming your biggest motivator. Ed should be honored.

    ReplyDelete