Friday, March 6, 2009

Legs

Started running at 5 am this morning. It was so peaceful on the trail in the dark. I could see the headlights streaming by on the freeway so quiet. I tried out a new route and took a couple of wrong turns, but that's not what really threw me off. Don't make all your plans based on google maps, because newer construction is rarely represented and elevation change can be deceiving. I ran the shoreline trail from my place to North Salt Lake and it looked a bit different when I arrived. That, and it was dark. I planned to follow the gas pipeline up and over the ridge and drop down into City Creek Canyon. I got there, but the pipeline route goes straight up. I need hill training and I got it Rocky IV style in knee deep snow. I made the ridge and followed some moose tracks since he was going the way I was going. After dropping into City Creek, I cut it short and headed home. My distance and time are a reflection of the wrong turns, steep climb and deep snow. It felt good to adventure out on an unknown (for me) route.

Trail (sort of) run: 3 hours 15 minutes-9.8 miles (no shit). Route and elevation profile HERE.

3 hours later
5 x 5 push press
135,155,155,155,155#.
Then
8 rounds of bottom to bottom tabata squats (20 seconds work/ 10 seconds rest with rest taken at bottom of squat). Lost count.
Rest 5 minutes
8 rounds of tabata row (20 seconds work/ 10 seconds rest) 816 total meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment