Monday, February 22, 2010

MONDAY
This is the beginning of what I feel will be much more thoughtful programming.

Warm-up: 10 minutes of various sandbag drills. (Cleans, squats, get-ups, half moons, tosses and presses)

1) Work up to 1RM deadlift (225# x 3, 315#, 365#)

2) 5 rounds timed, but not for time
1 deadlift @90% 1RM /325#
10 sandbag get-ups @80#
20 push-ups
30 second waiter's walk @53# right
30 second waiter's walk @53# left
29:30

3)1-10 breathing ladder @53# KB swings

15 minute stretch

Felt great today. This could of been longer, but I tend to overdo things, so it was just right. My deadlift today is 10# less than my PR, and it felt easy. This is the first breathing ladder I've ever done, so it was a cool experiment and I really like the idea of incorporating this into the mix. Very meditative. It took more self control than I expected, and this particular ladder I did is often repeated 4 times. I will try that soon. If you are not familiar with breathing ladders then check out this from Gym Jones.

Nutrition
Back on it. 2,066 calories. 145 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs and 153 grams of protein. Should have eaten more, but I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment