Friday, November 13, 2009

Man, what a busy week. The gym has been busy, and that is very good for me and the gym. I've decided to back away from the Catalyst workouts due to a dead, heavy, leaden feeling in my legs since I started. I will for sure use some of the things I learned there. My new eating patterns are getting more and more solid and I feel great. I've lost a couple of pounds and feel like I look a little better. I've hit some PR's lately and generally have a good deal of energy. I've stuck to a roughly 90% compliance rate with avoiding grains, gluten and sugar. My protein intake is up, but I could definitely stand to eat more vegetables. The lack of veggies is due to sheer laziness. It's no harder to make a salad than it is to cook bacon, it's just that the bacon tastes soooo good. My week of training was sparse, but here we go starting with Thursday.

Thursday
Power clean
1 x 135#, 165#, 185#, 185#, 205#fail, 205#
Then
3000 meter row using intervals of 1 minute work / 30 seconds rest.
(15:42)

Friday
In order to be the source of motivation I believe every coach should be, I did Tabata rowing with Gumby.
ROW!
8 rounds of 20 seconds work / 10 seconds rest
819 total meters PR!
Later
5 rounds for time of:
2 power cleans @175#
5 bench press @155#
10 GHD sit ups
(6:50)

No comments:

Post a Comment