Sunday, September 6, 2009

Catching up. Get your ass out of the gym once in while.

The strength bias program absolutely wasted me. I stopped on week 5 and have been just working out when I feel like it since. Tomorrow is the Crossfit Total, and I'm excited to see some improvement. I did run a 5k the other day and set a PR at 21:10. However, I did Elizabeth and it took me over 15 minutes, so I'll say I'm showing mixed results so far. The extra weight I put on doing all this lifting and eating if a definite factor, so it's time to clean it up. I'll be starting the Mountain Athlete program with Gumby at the end of September. I'm pretty excited to actually get out of the gym to train. I love Crossfit, but I don't really give a shit about my gym performance if I can't perform outside. Fitness is NOT my sport, but Crossfit has been the best for me in the past because of the vast difference in physical abilities needed for my favorite activities; fighting and running. I guess this explains my disinterest in the Crossfit Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment