Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Speedgoat 50k approaches! Run!

Monday
3 sets of 3 back squats @205#
Then:
8 rowing intervals of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest. All out effort.
(813 meters rowed)

Tuesday
4 rounds of 440 meter run.
(1:37, 1:35, 1:34, 1:32)
Nice and steady, not a lot of effort. Felt good.
Then:
3 rounds of
10 back extensions
10 GHD sit-ups

Cooled down with 10 minutes of heavy bag work. I'm forgetting what it feels like to punch and kick people. The bag doesn't hit back, but it never falls down.

I'm really excited about the race on Saturday. I'm going to take some time off from running races after this, and focus more on strength and conditioning. Maybe more stress free fun. Almost every trip Tara and I have taken over the last four years has been to races. It's fun, but not at all relaxing. I want to get out to some more Crossfit certifications as well, and not paying race fees will help me afford that. I plan on really throwing myself into Crossfit for a while. The games have me super fired up, and I'm interested to see how the training goes without getting broken by races.

No comments:

Post a Comment