Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What do you expect, showing off like that?

I was showing Jeremy how to (not) do the muscle-up yesterday, and made an ass of myself. I got to the dip position and somehow my left arm slipped behind my back. My hand was forced high up my back the way a cop would rough you up before I could let go. It hurt, it hurt bad. It's hard to walk off the pain of a sprained sense of pride, so I did what any other man would do when other men are watching. I pretended it didn't hurt and did another one, this time worthy of the olympics.
So with the searing pain of embarrassment in my shoulder, I skipped the 5k row and subbed this little treat.

20-10-5 reps for time
Back squat @185#
Box jump @30"
13:05

1 comment:

  1. DAMN. I need to try that one. Because it is obvious that I will need to reduce the squat weight -- or risk taking a few hours to complete the WOD -- perhaps I will raise the box to 36". What's the worst that could happen?

    ReplyDelete