Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013

Only ten more days until the running of the Bear 100, and I'm feeling surprisingly relaxed and confident. I couldn't be happier about this year's training, and the last few weeks I've gained a feeling of smoothness and relaxation that I've never before experienced on the trails. I've been able to set personal bests on some of my regular runs with a much lower sense of perceived exertion and a much higher sense of well being. The fitness is there, so running 100 miles at this point is mental. Start slow, keep on schedule with hydration and calories, take care of any problems early, don't get attached to feeling good or bad, and keep moving forward.
Lucky for me I've had the opportunity of pacing two good friends on their 100 milers this year, and I'm going to ride the wave of positivity from their finishes straight to my own. 
The next post will be after the Bear 100. I can't wait to get that buckle!

Dan Schulof. Leaving Twin Lakes. Leadville 100.



Dan Boyer. Coming in to Lamb's Canyon. Wasatch 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment