Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24, 2013

I can feel a shift in the weather. Winter is still firmly in control, but a tiny bit of warmth and sunshine has been peeking in. I went for a run the other day in shorts and a t-shirt, and although it snowed the very next day, the warmth was wonderful. The trails are in poor shape, with the old snow freezing, consolidating, and getting covered with new layers of powder. You never know where you're stepping, so I've been opting more and more for asphalt city runs. It's not my ideal scenery, but I've learned to make the best of it, and I've been using the mind numbing city miles to listen to audiobooks. Dual purpose runs!
Also, and I know I'm way behind here, I'm loving the Strava on line run tracker. It's cool to see how you stack up against others who are running the same courses. Plus, you can't lie about your results, because it's tracked from space! Year to date, I've run 155 miles with 32,300 feet of elevation gain. Again, that's outer space verified.

A halo around the sun, warning of a storm.

Heading down, steep and rocky.

Breaking trail in the hills above my house.

Untouched. Beautiful light.

Coyote on the hill. I woke them from their nap.

A special moment for me. Watching them move across the slope is something I won't soon forget.

Heading home. Fully absorbed. 

View from my window. Early morning moon as I get ready to head out and run the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment