Friday, October 30, 2009

I've been busy busy since my last post, and now it's back to the routine. I'm going to backlog the best I can.

Thursday October 15.
Last Mountain Athlete session.
This one took 42:49.

On the 16th Tara and I headed to Bozeman, Montana so I could attend the Crossfit Nutrition Certification. I don't know why it's called a certification, because it's more like a seminar. That doesn't make it any less informative, though, it just means I didn't have to take a test, which I think would set a seminar and a certification apart. Anyway. The amount of information Robb Wolf presented was overwhelming and inspiring. Just based on the information presented I am totally convinced of the benefits of a paleo diet. Only changing my own diet will seal the deal, and I will be going grocery shopping soon. Robb Wolf suggested going totally gluten/dairy free paleo for 30 days to allow any digestive system damage to heal. Then, after you have adjusted, you can begin slowly to reintroduce some items to see how they are tolerated. Apparently, we all have different levels of Celiac, and don't realize how much we are affected until we have gone without. Personally, diet is THE limiting factor of my training.

From October 18th to 22nd I really did train, but I can't remember what I did. It must have been good!

On October 23rd Tara and I headed to San Francisco so Tara could run the San Francisco 1 day. It's a 24 hour race run on a 1 mile loop around Chrissy Field. San Francisco is beautiful and it was a great place to run. Tara had blister problems early on but soldiered through to finish up 53 miles. If you've ever had a blister on a hike or run, you know how painful it can be. Imagine going 20+ miles with a penny sized blister on the end of your little toe, and a blister under your entire big toenail, which at this point is already black. I'm really proud of her and I know it's only a matter of time until she reaches the 100 miles she wants so badly.

So now we're back, and it's time to get to work. Diet and training.

Thursday October 29
Squat cleans
135# x 5
155# x 1
185# x 1
205# x 1 PR
210# x 1 PR

No comments:

Post a Comment