Friday, July 10, 2009

The wrong shoe and a shameful display.

I bought a pair of the Sportiva Crosslite trail shoes and they were not for me. While we were in Death Valley I broke them in with some hiking, and yesterday I took them out for an easy 6 mile trail run. The run itself was alright, but when I finished it felt like I had broken bones in my feet. I guess I'll stick to the Inov-8s.

Thursday
1 mile bike ride
6 mile trail run
2 mile bike ride

Today was the fourth installment of the Friday beat down. I couldn't make it in to work with the group this morning, so I thought I would make it up later. The heat rose and motivation waned, and I tanked. There is no excuse for this shit show.

This is what was intended.
As many rounds as possible in 55 minutes plus one round.
400 meter run
5 squat cleans @135#
5 wall ball shots @20#
5 box jumps @36"
5 KB swings @70#

What did I end up with?
5 rounds in 29:09
With every rep, it felt like someone jammed a straw in my third eye, and sucked out my soul.

Later
A desperate attempt at redemption
4o bucket circles
20 squats @135#
10 deadlifts @155#
10 GHD sit ups
10 deadlifts @155#
10 GHD sit ups
Every minute on the minute for 8 minutes, alternating:
Max rep bench presses @135# (10,10,8,6)
max rep weighted pull-ups @35# (4,4,2,4)

No comments:

Post a Comment