Monday, July 27, 2009

Strength bias day one

Well, the Saturday running group went well. There was a decent turnout, and we did some steep hill sprints to kick things off. Tara and I are devising a hard 5k course for the group, and will probably put it out as a challenge to the other affiliates soon. 2000 feet of elevation gain in the first mile sounds about right. Other than that, it's time to get back on it. I'm starting the Crossfit strength bias 6 week program today, and I am psyched! Heavy lifting in the morning, and short heavy met-cons in the afternoon. I'm working on a list of goals for this 6 week period, but nothing solid yet, and I'm too anxious to get started to wait. I just want to get strong and lean. Here's what day one looked like.

A.M
Back squats
3 sets of 5
185#/ 195#/205#(failed to break parallel) 
Weighted pull-ups
3 sets of 5
18#/ 18#/ 18#

P.M
3 rounds for time:
30 double unders
5 power clean and jerks @155#
3 box jumps @36"
(10:03)
1 minute rest
Tabata rowing 
8 rounds of 20 seconds work/ 10 seconds rest
815 meters rowed 

No comments:

Post a Comment