Friday, June 19, 2009

Training is hard. Tanking in competition is harder.

I'll catch up first.
Wednesday- 10 sets of 1 hang power snatch. Maxed at 115#. More of a recovery effort than a real 1 rep max.

Thursday- Rest

Friday- Worst workout ever. I mentioned before about doing one monster of a workout once a week to help prepare for the Speedgoat. Today was a monster.

10 rounds for time of:
25 calorie row
20 medicine ball slams @20#
15 hang power cleans @95#
10 push presses @115#
5 back squats @185#
5 muscle-ups
1 dead lift @275#

(1:39:29) Missed 4 of the muscle-ups. Subbed 4 ring dips + 4 pull-ups for each missed muscle-up.

The group today was strong, and it's very motivating to workout with people who are stronger than you. Everyone left it all out there, and Mike took a huge fall from the pull-up bar. Vi, Justin and Alex lapped me, and Rich gutted out 4 rounds. More than anything, this was mentally taxing, and mental preparation is what I need. I put it all on the line today, and now I can barely lift food up to my mouth, or bend over to pick up anything. The experiment continues. Tomorrow I will go on a long run with Tara. It will be interesting to start on what I presume will be dead legs. Hopefully Tara will take it easy on me.

2 comments:

  1. Way to put it all out there brother. You have come a long long way since day one. I expect nothing but growth out of you and I can see it happening already.

    The will of a man and the will of a warrior are two very different things. The will of a man only comes out in adverse conditions. The warrior forces his will upon everything in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vi! Maybe one day I will beat you to the stopwatch.

    ReplyDelete