Monday, June 15, 2009

Recovering, regrouping.

I got back in the gym today, but I took it a little easy. All in all I feel recovered from the race save some soreness in my calves. Once I got started on the workout I realized that my gas tank was only half full, and I was huffing and puffing until the finish.

Warm-up:
Ring dips 6,6,4,4,8.
Strict pull-ups on rock rings 6,6,4,4,7. Moving from largest holds to smallest.
Workout:
2 rounds of
20 hang power snatches @75#
20 slam ball @20#
20 weighted abmat sit-ups @25#
20 kb swings @53#
(12:38)
Nice recovery workout.

I'll give myself two more days to get back up to speed. I'm working on my training strategy for the Speedgoat, and I will change things up a bit. I'm thinking about switching from my Monday through Friday work, Saturday Sunday rest schedule. I'll start this week with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday work, Thursday rest, Friday Saturday work, and Sunday rest schedule. I think it will look something like this. Monday-Crossfit Endurance run interval work / Crossfit main site wod. Tuesday- Something heavy. Wednesday-Crossfit Endurance run interval work / Crossfit main site. Thursday-Rest. Friday-A long, grinder of a workout, with a disgusting amount of volume. Saturday-A long hard running session in the mountains, with as much elevation and climbing as possible. Sunday-Rest. This is a lot of work, so I will play it by ear. I will hold this pace until about two weeks before the Speedgoat, then slowly taper. After the Speedgoat, I will probably take a week off to fully recover and decide if I want to, or am capable of doing the Moab Alpine to Slickrock 50 miler in September. I have had my eye on this race since before I started doing ultras. I want it bad, but I know what being laid up with injuries feels like, so I want to take care of myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment